Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Time to Play Catch...Catch Up That Is!

Ok, I am a horrible blogger. I've said it before...and I will say it again...I will get better as this whole blog/posting thing! Ha! I have a list of topics that I want to blog about, but I promise to spread them out, so I don't bore anyone with one LONG post. 

The last semester of college was the hardest semester of my life. I know...dramatic, but it was so challenging in so many ways. I love love LOVED my cooperating teacher and class and learned so much, but my supervisor from Webster was so hard to please and had impossible expectations. I cried. A lot. But, I ended up passing with a 4.0 (first time ever, thankyouverymuch) and I GRADUATED!!! Say what?! That's right folks, I am a college graduate. Since when am I old enough to have graduated college? 




As if that wasn't good enough news, I GOT A BIG GIRL JOB! As of May (May 9th to be exact) I was offered a contract at my cooperating school as the new 6th Grade teacher. Woah. Praise and glory be to God! I had spent the semester at a private, Christian school and LOVED everything about the school, kids and my coworkers. So needless to say I was over the moon when they offered me a job to take over for my cooperating teacher who was retiring. I will be the 6th grade teacher that teaches Reading, Handwriting, Spelling, Grammar, and (my personal fav) History. There is another 6th grade teacher that teaches Math, Science and Bible. This is my dream job. I am super excited. (Don't worry, as soon as I set up my class I will post pics!) But for now...here is a little preview of my classroom (EEK!)

So, I will be playing catch up and hopefully, HOPEFULLY I will get better at this blog world thing...maybe ;)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment