Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pure Michigan in All It's Glory


I went to visit a dear friend (and now co-worker!!) a few weekends ago in her hometown of Holland, Michigan. Earlier this summer I traveled to St. Joe, MI but didn't get to see Michigan in all it's glory since I was there for a wedding and had no time for anything else. This trip was just what my soul needed. Karissa has a way of making me laugh where I am suddenly crying and can't breathe. Love friends like that! I got to her house around 3:30 PM (after getting lost for a bit in the small town) and we immediately jumped in the pool. It. was. glorious. We then cleaned up and (with her hubby) went to their friend's house for dinner. Karissa made a super yummy baked-pasta dish and there was Texas Sheet cake waiting for us there... (I attempted to make this cake today. It was a disaster. But that's another story.) After dinner we met up with different friends to go to a improv show, HILARIOUS! At one point we all lost any control of our laughter that we had and pretty much made a scene in the back row.

The rest of the weekend was spent at an alumni basketball game, the pool/lake/beach, eating and shopping. What more could ya ask for? NOTHING...except maybe more time. I was sad to leave and was wishing I had one more day to explore Pure Michigan. But can't wait to get Karissa and her husband David back in the good ole' STL. 
Finally made it!

Founders Brewing Company-YUM

Karissa's handsome Boston Terrier, Chip




Lighthouse photoshoot


Chip on the Prarie



Gorgeous-these suckers were everywhere!

I need more Holland time very soon...there were many adorable shops we didn't have time to go in and I still need to see those epic Michigan Lake sunsets I keep hearing about.

What are some of your favorite MI or vaca spots? Or, do you have a good great Texas Sheet Cake recipe? Cause I'm looking for one...so don't hold back, please share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment