Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recipes Galore!

Since starting my student teaching (which, by the way I LOVE) I have tried to cook more so I have left overs to take for lunch. And its cheaper than eating out all the time. Thought I'd share a few recipes that I have found either via Pinterest or blogs I follow.

Peanut Sauce with Linguini and Broccoli

Pasta Ingredients:
Linguini noodles
Broccoli
2-3 coves of garlic
1 TBSP canola oil (or peanut oil)
2 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
salt

Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter (you could even use less, I probably will next time)
1/4-1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP molasses
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)

How to:
If adding a protein, cook chicken and set on plate in microwave to keep warm
Bring large pot of water to a boil and salt heavily
Cook noodles until al-dente, drain, and set aside
In a wok over medium-high heat, add 1 TBSP oil and heat until glistening
Add broccoli (I also added shredded carrots) and give the wok a quick shake. Let cook 1-2 minutes
Add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Stir until mostly evaporated
Set aside while you add peanut butter to a small sauce pan over medium-low heat
Add water and stir to combine
Mix in the rest of the ingredients and add the rest of the water until desired consistency.
Add noodles to wok with broccoli and carrots.
Pour sauce over noodles, chicken and veggies, stir until combined.
Serve hot

So yummy and made great left-overs!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment